Saturday, July 22, 2006

Let There Be Light...and A/C

The power was restored to our apartment around 9:30 this morning. I am grateful that we had a cool place to stay (with my parents), but nothing beats being at your own home. It just sucks cleaning up remnants of food that I didn't save earlier on. Leftover peas, zucchini soup, and barbecued chicken stink to high heaven after sitting in a luke warm fridge for a few days. The peas were fuzzy too. I flushed most of the potent liquids down the toilet because that's what I was raised to do when you don't have a garbage disposal. The water pressure was sub par with the faucets sputtering before kicking in completely. I know that has nothing to do with electricity, but it shows how messed up things are around here. There was a massive water main break less than two miles from here, but I doubt that is the culprit.

Oh well. It's good to be home.

*And as a response to a comment on my last post, my 200+ mile route for work involves weaving through the St. Louis Metropolitan area and beyond. We reside in St. Louis city, the epicenter of the chaos that ensued after the storm.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy moly, that blows. at least you're all ok, but i bet there was a lot of cussing under the breath.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 1:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home