Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Saddest Game of Telephone

I woke up this morning and had the tv on low. I asked my fiance if she had heard about the miners that survived, because I read about it before I went to bed through early internet reports. We turned the tv up and to my astonishment, found out that we were all lied to. Word spread so fast that apparently their governor even thought the miners survived. We are so obsessed with getting everything immediately, whether it be our hamburgers or our news, that no one happens to check for error. And now, we have strange "Dewey Defeats Truman" moments like the one pictured above, but far more horrible and consequential.

Aside from that, I wonder how the one survivor will feel after this. He can take it as a blessing or a curse. Unfortunately, I think it will haunt him the rest of his existence. I'm sure the media created such moments for the families as well, blaring out this hopeful news, spreading the lies out further. Congratulations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home