Saturday, December 10, 2005

R.I.P. Richard Pryor


You can see Pryor a lot now in the style of Chris Rock, but there is nothing like the real thing. I remember watching some of his stand-up on television throughout the years, and he made me laugh out loud. Considering how I am, that is a feat. He wasn't afraid to point out our racial differences, which I appreciated. His impersonation of a white guy was hellarious and dead-on. And it was amazing to watch him in "The Toy," as "the black man" that a rich white boy wants as his toy. I guess I wouldn't blame the kid. A black man as a playmate would make sense if it was Richard Pryor.

It was a shame when he announced he had MS in the 1990s. I am sure things weren't ever the same for him. May his humor live on, and may he rest easy now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home