Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Been Workin' For the Man

"Chain Gang, Alabama (1956)" by Gordon Parks


Damn, I feel like I've been working on a chain gang. Since March, I have been working for a fertilizer company (the big one), merchandising their products. And since this is the end of their season, I jumped ship. I now have been working for a retail servicing firm for almost a week now. Let me tell you, when you see those elaborate Christmas displays at big box stores, appreciate it more, because someone worked on that for 16 hours straight. The pay is good, but assembling Christmas trees and hauling lit up displays of Santa and his reindeer can be taxing (no pun intended). This is my college education at use. At least I am getting toned for my nuptials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home