Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

I've been pushing ink lately. It certainly beats baby photography. It keeps me closer to home and doesn't involve monotonous driving.

Nearby my place of work is a massive Wally Mart, which I recently stopped at to grab some gear to fight the winter weather. While looking for the supplies, I passed someone that looked eerily familiar. He was a bit worn since the last time I saw him about ten years ago, but I knew who it was. It was none other than Michael McGrath, my favorite molester priest, "the most sued former priest in St. Louis", and also considered "the most dangerous St. Louis priest". Needless to say I was in the presence of a local celebrity.

It felt good to see that he looked pretty rough. It is safe to say he's packed on a few and his sneer looks more crooked than ever.



that sneer

After I passed the sick excuse for a human being, I thought about going back and confronting him. It actually made me recall the homeless man that molested my dogter. Are worthless people like these even worth confronting? He certainly hasn't suffered much because of his behavior. He may be the most sued former priest here, but he's yet to serve time or pay up as far as I know. That's where the Catholic Church comes in to save the day.


I only wish he'd suffer a worse fate than obesity and aging. And I'm not even a victim or related to a victim of his. I only came close and that was close enough to piss me off. May his ills grow worse in the new year.


In other news dealing with abusive priests, the San Diego diocese is asking priests to donate a month's salary to go towards the recent $198.1 million sexual abuse settlement. That dwarfs in comparison to the $600+ million settlement the Los Angeles diocese made in July, the largest ever by a diocese so far. The sad thing is that the San Diego Diocese is reaching out to its church goers and asking them to contribute to righting their wrongs.


The donation request is part of a new campaign called "Embracing Our Mission"
and will be used to help "cover the expense involved in compassionate outreach
to our brothers and sisters who suffered sexual abuse within the family of the
church," the memo said.

They could at least have their own Bingo Night in America or something to rile up the troops.

The priests have also been taking things out on the nuns. I'm the last guy to stand up for the nuns, but the L.A. Archdiocese sold a convent that was still being occupied and had been for 40 years in order to raise funds for their record settlement.

Sister Angela has it right when she said "what hurts the most is what the money will be used for, to help pay for the pedophile priests. We have to sacrifice our home for that?”

How can Catholics support this nonsense? I know the priests must accept responsibility and make these settlements, but their methods are a bit ridiculous. Then again, I'm not sure how I'd raise hundreds of millions of dollars either...except for making a blockbuster motion picture. That may be their next move. Pay close attention to the producer credits of the movies you see at the multiplex in the future. It might include a Father or two.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home