Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Return of the Mice

The last time I blogged about mice actually being in the place we live, besides the day I disposed of the moldy mice from March (now with video!), was at the end of that wretched month when I had reported 11 caught in about one month. The cause of those mice could be attributed to the gutting of a house to the rear of our building, but our landlady preferred to blame it on our cleanliness or lack thereof.

I had caught one more a few months after that which I didn't blog about. Number 12 came at an odd time. There are houses surrounding us being worked on, which could displace a mouse, but we had such good luck with our sonic pest repellants up to that point.

Number 12 and I (looking fat and Russian)


Fast forward to this week and I have caught two more, bringing the grand total of caught mice to 14. Two houses adjacent to us are being completely renovated, so I'm pretty sure they were refugees from the Adjacent House Province. They were quite friendly, even peeking out during a gathering of friends last weekend. I cannot coexist with these creatures however, because we disagree on where to lay our waste. We considered letting them live until we move out of this wretched nutsack in one month, but it was not to be. The Victor traps and Peter Pan Crunchy got the best of them.

I discovered Number 14 today during my rounds to check my traps. This is one of the few I didn't hear go off. Maybe they move around more when I'm home. He seemed like an effortless case. I picked up the trap like I always do but it didn't give much. I pulled a tad more and took his fur off one side. He stuck to the floor. It wasn't a bloody mess though. I don't really understand what happened. It looks like a shadow of the crime scene.


I wish Robert Stack was still alive so he could look into the Unsolved Mysteries behind my mice and show the land people our innocence and their negligence once and for all. That theme song still gives me the creeps.




I'm sure I will have plenty of updates as this month passes and we leave the land people. They recently left us written notice that they will not renew our lease. That's a real shame.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home